Captain Craig’s Baked Striper recipe is elaborate, but the results are delicious.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tbsp. margarine
- lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-4 peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. minced basil
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. chopped sage
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 pinch tarragon
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- Saute onion, celery, mushrooms in white wine & margarine for 5 minutes.
- Stir in bread crumbs, salt, pepper, tarragon, sage, basil, garlic.
- Grease large shallow baking dish.
- Arrange filets and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cover with stuffing, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Bake 35 – 40 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Serves six